Translate

Monday, June 27, 2016

Natural pineapple shoulder bag – full written pattern











































Hello,
Around a month ago I was just trying a pineapple doily from an unfinished chart and I ended up with this shoulder bag. 
I was using natural colored yarn - 60% cotton/40% acrylic. At first I started to crochet the bag from 100% cotton yarn but it didn’t feel right. I found the combination of cotton and acrylic much softer and it’s so much nicer to work with it.
I used handles from a handbag I brought in a local charity store. They are selling many purses and bags, which are not up to date, but you can salvage interesting and original bits and pieces from them for very moderate price.
I used recycled denim jeans for the lining as well. They gave the bag its strength, and the color is matching the handles.
I decorated the sides of the bag with leather strings from the same handbag I got the handles from.
I think it worked out very nicely.

There are many pictures to help guide you through the crocheting, and supporting the written pattern for this bag.

I am providing the pattern for this very elegant pineapple bag for symbolic price only, and you can find it here:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/natural-pineapple-shoulder-bag

and here:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/454493460/crochet-bag-patterns-pineapple-bag?ref=shop_home_active_5

Have a nice week
Clara


No comments:

Post a Comment